2020 has brought several changes to many workplaces as employers adjust to meet COVID-19 regulations. Over the past few months, there have been some troubling statistics that come from the Associated General Contractors office of Utah. The following updated fatality and accident statistics come from WCF Insurance and the Utah Occupational Safety & Health Division:
- 44% increase in workplace fatalities
- 55% increase of fatalities occurred in construction
- 67% of fatalities occurred between April 2020 and June 2020
- 84% increase in Construction related injuries reported
- 97% increase in “Focus Four” (Falls, Electrical, struck-by, and Caught-in/Between) injuries
At All Trades Staffing Services, safety is one of our top priorities. Contact our office if you need assistance in understanding the safety requirements for your temporary job.
Download the complete press release from the Associated General Contractors of Utah here; Safety 2020.